Amelia Anderson (nee Blackett) is a classically trained artist and illustrator who lives and works in South West London. Throughout her life she has been passionate about art and is always happiest with a pencil or a paintbrush in her hand.
Having grown up in Northumberland, Amelia then spent 3 years studying at Charles H. Cecil Studios in Florence where she learnt the art of portraiture using the traditional method of 'sight-size'. This is a way of painting from life using natural light and was a method adopted by the Old Masters from Rembrandt to Velasquez to her particular favourite, John Singer Sargent.
On her return from Italy, she moved to London and began to undertake commissions from her studio whilst working part time as an art teacher in a prep school in Central London. She thoroughly enjoyed working with young children and teaching them a range of skills and techniques.
Over time Amelia's work has developed and she spends much of her time drawing and painting animals. She draws very intricate and accurate commissions of people's pets; mainly dogs but some horses and cats and even a recent enquiry for a ferret!
Amelia has always loved animals and they are the inspiration for her work. She is happiest when designing and creating fun new images of animals in clothing in her quirky pen and watercolour style.
She lives in South West London with her husband and combines her work with looking after their three young daughters.
- 24th Feb - 10th April 2018, Our Animal Show, Will's Art Warehouse
- 8th - 11th March 2018, Affordable Art Fair, Battersea, exhibiting with Will's Art Warehouse
- 2017, Asthma Gift Fair, Hurlingham Club, Fulham, London
- 2017, The Absolute Best Christmas Fair, Chelsea Town Hall, London
- 2017, Alma Christmas Fair, Wandsworth, London
- 2017, Affordable Art Fair, Battersea, London - exhibiting with Will's Art Warehouse
- 2016, Northcote Road Christmas Shopping Extravaganza, Battersea, London
- 2016, Tynedale Hunt Christmas Fair, Matfen Hall, Northumberland
- 2016, Hornsby House Christmas Market, Balham, London
- 2016, The Alma Christmas Fair, Wandsworth, London
- 2015, Tynedale Hunt Christmas Fair, Matfen Hall, Northumberland
- 2015, Hornsby House Christmas Market, Balham, London
- 2015, The Alma Christmas Fair, Wandsworth, London
- 2014, The Alma Christmas Fair, Wandsworth, London
- 2013, Spirit of Christmas Fair, Olympia, London
- 2013, the CLA Game Fair sponsored by Brewin Dolphin, Blenheim Palace
- 2013, SOLO exhibition at 54 The Gallery, Shepherd Market, London
- 2012, Spirit of Christmas Fair, Olympia, London
- 2012, The CLA Game Fair sponsored by Brewin Dolphin, Ragley Hall
- 2010, exhibition sponsored by Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust, Bywell Hall, Northumberland
- 2003 - 2006, Studied at Charles H. Cecil Studios, Florence.